PART TIME EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT
Parties DAVID PURCELL AS TRUSTEE OF THE WILLING WORKERS TRUST
- You will be employed on a part-time basis pursuant to and agree to the terms of the Willing Workers Enterprise Agreement 2012 (AG2012/11754) (“Enterprise Agreement”) and this employment agreement.
- Your rate of pay in accordance with 8.1 of the Enterprise Agreement will be an amount of $19.32 for each hour of work performed.
- The employer can roster you to work up to 40 hours per week on any day from Monday to Sunday and you will be paid the abovementioned rate for those hours. In addition, the employee may choose to volunteer additional hours in excess of 40 hours per week and will be paid the abovementioned rate of pay for those additional hours.
- You will be entitled to payment of superannuation in accordance with any applicable legislation.
- You understand and agree that there is a one off charge of $20 to be deducted from your first pay for the provision of a high viz shirt by the business.
- The employer or the employee can terminate the employment at any stage and for whatever lawful reason by giving the other notice as follows:
EMPLOYEE’S PERIOD OF CONTINUOUS SERVICE AT THE END OF THE DAY THE NOTICE IS GIVEN
|Not more than 1 year
|More than 1 year but not more than 3 years
|More than 3 years but not more than 5 years
|More than 5 years
Increase the periods above by 1 week if the employer is giving notice and the employee is over 45 years old and has completed at least 2 years of continuous service with the employer at the end of the day the notice is given.
The employer in its sole discretion is permitted to pay the employee in lieu of notice (in full or in part) rather than have the employee serve the notice period (in full or in part).
The employer does not need to give the employee the abovementioned notice of termination if the employee has engaged in serious misconduct in the opinion of the employer as defined in the Fair Work Regulations 2009.
Without limiting in any way the employer’s ability to terminate the employee’s employment in the abovementioned paragraphs, the employer will be entitled to terminate the employee’s employment if the employee fails to maintain any visa or is in breach of any visa requirements.
- The hourly rate that the employee receives as mentioned above includes compensation for all monetary entitlements, benefits and/or payments that might otherwise be due under any applicable Award, Industrial Instrument or at law. However, if for any reason any applicable Award, the industrial instrument or relevant law otherwise is deemed applicable to the employment, then it is agreed that the remuneration by way of hourly rate paid by the employer to the employee is to be applied as follows:
- First towards entitlements to ordinary time and minimum rates pay; and
- To any overtime/penalties; and
- To any annual leave entitlements; and
- To any annual leave loading; and
- To any allowances; and
- To any other disabilities or other entitlements.
- This Agreement is governed by, construed and takes effect in accordance with the laws of Queensland the parties irrevocably conditionally submit to the jurisdiction of Courts of Queensland and Courts entitled to hear appeals from them.
- This Agreement constitutes an entire Agreement of the parties in respect of the matters dealt with in it and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and negotiations in respect of the matters dealt within it. If part or all of this agreement is illegal or unenforceable for any reason then that part will be severed from this agreement and the remaining provisions of this agreement continue in force. This Agreement may not be changed or modified in any way subsequent to its execution accept in writing signed by the employer and the employee.